« Home | A new beginning... » | It's been a while! » | Dedicated especially to my mom!!! » | Sang Singa, Perempuan Sihir & Almari Kayu » | U.K. versus U.S. » | The Chronicles of Narnia » | Kanak-Kanak Riang... » | Grammar Lesson!!! » | Are you a bookworm, specky and do not mix with peo... » | En guard! »

Malaysian Food Meme

All about your favourite Malaysian food. Took this from Mama Ikmal's Blog.

What is your favourite Malaysian breakfast ?

Hmm... Definitely nasi lemak and teh tarik. But roti canai or roti telur would be nice. Yummy!!!


Name 5 local delicacies that you crave right this moment.

Hmm... only 5?? Too much to be listed.. But here are some of them.

  1. Satar & Otak-Otak. Last year, me and my friends went to Cherating. So, during our stay there, we went up to Kemaman. That was the first time I tasted satar. Otak-Otak is kind of normal but there, the Otak-Otak was a bit different. But whatever it is, both were damn scrumpelicous.
  2. Kuih Bahulu. Okay... Okay.. I know that it is not Hari Raya but hey, you asked me what I crave right? I missed my arwah nenek's bahulu that she made. She batter the eggs, the mix the flour, she baked them. She does everything... I really am going to miss my arwah nenek's hand cook. L
  3. Nasi Ayam. I dunno.. I have this thing for Nasi Ayam and might I recommend to you a stall nearby my house. Don't be fooled. Nampak aje macam cikai but there is more than meets the eye. Nasi ayam dia tangkap leleh. Furthermore, ada satu awek there. Which makes the deal crème de la crème. Heheheheh.....
  4. My old time favourite Malay kuih. Kuih Seri Muka. Guess you know what is it right? Yummy.. rasa tak tahan perut gua ni... Wait till the tea lady comes. See whether she has that kuih today.
  5. Pulut panggang. Why? I just love the nice aroma of the kuih. Especially if it is fresh from the oven. Aduh!!!! menusuk kalbu gua lah.

How do you like your nasi lemak ?

With my mom's sambal, telur mata kerbau and ikan bilis. Heaven!!!


Let's say you are at a Mamak restaurant. What will you be ordering?

Teh tarik, of course!!! Nescafe, Teh O, Milo... Aghhh! What the heck. All mamak tastes the same. It’s the food that makes it difference. I'll choose roti telur to eat. Try Restoran Syed, Jalan Barat.It will have be with dhal and sambal. Roti telur dia the best I've ever tasted anywhere in the country man. Dunno, maybe the curry and sambal is different.


You are attending a wedding. Which type of dish do you make a beeline to?

I don't mind actually. Nasi Minyak, Nasi Putih or Nasi Briani. People's wedding. We don't really have the freedom to choose, aight? Kalau dapat makanan penggantin, Udang Panjat Nenas, Ayam Panggang... Perrghh!!!! Finger licking good.


It's 11 pm and your tummy is grumbling. What is your ideal supper ?

It has to go to the Malaysian Most Favourite Food - Mee Maggi : cepat dimasak sedap dimakan. Cook with red chilli, garlic, chicken choplets, prawns and egg. Fuh!! Excellent!!! Either that, start my bike and head towards the loyal burger stall near my house. " Bang, burger ayam tak nak sos satu bang!!". Hehehe.. that is what I used to say. Or else, go to the nearby mamak restaurant. Open 24 hours. So, there's no trouble at all.

Do you like Chinese food?

Of course... I crave for dim sum. My all time favourite.Last time, whenever I go to Midvalley, kat food court dia stall jual dim sum. I would finish like RM 10.00@ RM 20.00 just for that.. Aghh!! Miss that place.

Editor's Quote : Aggghhh!!! All this makes my stomach tune lah. Lapar.. Lapar!!!. Anyway, Thanks Zack. Took this from your blog.


My complete profile, darn it!






Filem Kita
Berita Harian
Dewa 19 Official Site
Jiwang
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


orang tengah lepak
Who links to me?
Free Counters
Since 17.07.2006


Check Page Rank

Locations of visitors to this page

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer